Thursday, October 8, 2009

Conversations I



Here is a painting from a series called conversations.

It is an abstract series that I am looking forward to revisiting soon. It is not part of the October show. These are paintings on birch board, from small 5x7 to 30x40 (canvases).

It is very difficult to pull off what is viewed as an "abstract" painting....I believe it is all abstraction...it is an arguable point. I love abstract painting, very few do it well. Here are some names I admire: Nicolas de Stael, Lucinda Parker, G. Lewis Clevenger, Gees Bend quilters. Just what I'm looking at now...

This series is an exploration of conversation, both verbal and non-verbal. I'm interested in thoughts on how we communicate, create community and resolve personal conflict. I wanted to express these things in paintings. I'll post one more before moving back to what is in the October show. I do hope to show this series some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment